Digital Storytelling Project Dissemination and Outputs
- Dragas, T., Mazzoli Smith L., Ward, S. Digital Storytelling as Authentic Assessment: A Case from an undergraduate Module in Education. International Digital Storytelling Conference. June 2023.
- Williams, E & Dragas T. Conversations about Conservation: Digital Storytelling in Durham University’s MA in Conservation of Archaeological and Museum Objects. International Digital Storytelling Conference. June 2023.
- Dragas T. and Mazzoli Smith, L. Digital Storytelling in Higher Education: Sharing Experience and Practice. DST 10th International Digital Storytelling Conference. Loughborough University: June 2022.
- Lee, A., Guhathakurta, P., Dragas, T. Lovejoy, A. ‘We are Stardust – stories of us’ Astronomical Society of the Pacific ASP2021 Virtual Conference, Sharing Best Practices: Astronomy Teaching and Public Engagement. Online: Nov 2021.
- Dragas, T. and Brown A. Digital Storytelling as a Pedagogic and Skills Development Practice for English Studies Undergraduates. North East Regional Teaching and Learning Conference. Three Rivers Consortium. June 2021.
- Dragas, T. ‘Digital storytelling in the Higher Education Classroom: A discipline-specific approach.’ DST 9th International Digital Storytelling Conference, Online: June 21, 2021.
- Dragas, T. ‘Digital Storytelling as a powerful means of transforming Higher Education Learning within the disciplines.’ European Society for Research on the Education of Adults (ESREA). Online: 7 March 2021.
- Dragas, T. ‘Digital storytelling in the Higher Education Classroom: A discipline-specific approach.’ DST 8th International Digital Storytelling Conference, Online: June 21, 2020 (cancelled due to COVID)
- Dragas, T. and Brown A. Digital Storytelling as a Pedagogic and Skills Development Practice for English Studies Undergraduates. Durham University Teaching and Learning Conference. Sept 2021.
- Dragas, A (2014) The Return of the Storyteller in Contemporary Fiction. Bloomsbury: London & New York.
- Mazzoli Smith, L. (2020). Diversifying the discourse of progression to higher education: Digital storytelling methodology in widening participation practice. Widening Participation and Lifelong Learning, 22(1), 79-94. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5456/WPLL.22.1.79
- Ward, S., Mazzoli Smith, L., and Dragas, T. (2023), Discovering your philosophy of education through digital storytelling. In: M. Pulsford, R. Morris and R. Purves (Eds) Understanding Education Studies: Critical Issues and New Directions, Abingdon: Routledge.
Laura Mazzoli Smith and Teti Dragas (forthcoming 2024 – under contract) Digital Storytelling as a Contemporary Learning Methodology: Promoting Reflective Narrative-based Practice. Series: Perspectives on Education in the Digital Age. Routledge.
Short Abstract: This co-authored book situates DS as one of the seminal digital practices/artefacts of our time, encapsulating the pressing human project of making and re-making the narrative self and understanding lived experience through narrative, or story-based form. The book’s aim is to bring a scholarly, interdisciplinary literature to the conceptualisation of DS not as method or even a range of methods, but as methodology, setting out to provide a much-needed conceptual framework for its applications.
reports, Handbooks and teaching resources
Sonja Wendel, Iris Casteren van Cattenburch, Laura Mazzoli Smith and Teti Dragas. (2023) Narrative-based Learning: An Inspirational Handbook for HE Educators. Part of the ‘Connecting through Voice’ Project funded by Building New Blocks at Erasmus University Rotterdam in Collaboration with Durham University.
Design for Inclusion: End of Project Report. Erasmus X 2023.